Hazardous Materials

The Department of Transportation (D.O.T) Federal Regulations do not permit us to ship certain types of hazardous materials. Departments are required to contact the Penn State Department of Environmental Health & Safety at 814-865-6391 about the movement of these types of materials and to obtain the necessary paperwork prior to contacting Central Distribution for pickup. Hazardous material documentation/ placards are required when shipping hazardous materials. CDS does not supply documentation for the shipment or placards for the truck trailers. Contact EHS at the number above for any questions about hazardous material documentation/ placards.