Before calling Central Distribution Services to check on the status of a shipment, please call the vendor and confirm that the material has been shipped. If a department needs to inquire about freight not yet received, a representative may contact CDS for information.
When calling to inquire about freight, please have the following information available. Otherwise, contact Procurement Services for assistance:
- Purchase order number, if applicable, or credit card information
- Name and address of sender
- Carrier name (Ward Trucking, ABF, Central Transport, etc.)
- Carrier assigned tracking number
- Department and recipient at Penn State
- Building and room number where the freight is to be delivered.
- Information on who at Penn State may have signed for the package and when.